My focus is always on the very personal perspective, and the narratives of my walks --both for groups of no more than 6 or 7 individuals or school class teams of up to 15-20 students -- are always accompanied by MY custom-drawn TIMELINES and other visual materials that enhance the tour experience and which I hand out at the beginning of the excursions. Below is a list of my repertoire of walks:
I am experienced and LICENSED tour guide for the entire Rome and Lazio region in Italy. In this capacity, I offer a wide variety of standard or customized guided tours of many sites in and around Rome. As my curriculum vitae (CV) shows, my tour paths have included various city museums of the United States, such as Miami's Villa Vizcaya, New York's MET, and the great Philadelphia Museum of Art on Beacon Hill. ..
Walks (2-4 hours duration)
1) Palatine Hill, the Colosseum, and the Roman Forum
2) The life and footprints of Julius CAESAR in Rome
3) The Foro Boario -- the first port of Rome and the myths of Hercules dating back to the 12th century B.C., and visible inside the Church of Santa Maria in Cosmedin ( the famous "Bocca della Verita" site)
4) Campidoglio (the great Capitol Hill) and the Capitoline Museums
5) The Pantheon and the nearby Dominican basilica of Santa Maria sopra Minerva: this venue holds ancient sculptures from Antiquity and by 17th-century masters Gianlorenzs Bernini and Diego Velazquez
6) Early Christian basilicas such as St. John Lateran, Santa Cecilia, and Santa Maria in Trastevere -- to name a few.
7) Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica
8) Caravaggio , the painter of the chiaroscuro style of great Christian art subject matter who revolutionized his contemporary p;ainter world.
9) The so-called Raphael Frescoes in the Villa Farnesina, located in Trastevere.
10) The Priorate of the Knights of Malta on the Aventine , along with Santa Sabina Basilica, a perfect example of early Christinan art
11) Catacombs and Basilica of St. Agnese, and Mausoleum of Santa Constanza
12) Catacombs of Priscilla
13) Bernini vs. Borromini (different approaches to Baroque style)
14) The Meridian solar "Clock" inside Santa Maria degli Angeli
15) Galleria Borghese
Walks (4-6 hours)/ Day Tours (*)
16) TIVOLI (whole day tour): Hadrian's Villa and Villa D'Este (*)
17) Pompeii and Napoli (*)
18) Painted Etruscan tombs in Tarquinia (*)
19) Frescoes of Piero della Francesca (2-3 day trip) including Perugia, Arezzo, Urbino, and Rimini (*)
20) Paestum (overnight) and its Greek temples (6th Century B.C.) (*)
21) Older churches of Rome: San Clemente, SS. Giovanni e Paulo, Santo Stefano Rotondo, Santi Quattro Coronati, and the Baptistry at the Lateran
22) Sketching in Rome (indoor or outdoor)
23) Tosca Tour a "musical" walking visit to the 3 places where Puccini's
famous opera takes place in Rome
24) Roman Aqueducts (Aqueduct Park, Porta Maggiore)
Read HERE what
has to say about one of my TOURS
Discover with an artist and historian
the rich layers of Rome
Interview segment from the PBS series "The Curious Traveler"
© 2017 by The Painter. Proudly created with comunicareagency.cloud